Comparison of Analytical Thinking Ability of Grade 7 Students Using Learning Management Emphasizing Analytical Thinking Model Together with Mind Mapping
The objectives of this research was to compare grade 7 students’ analytical thinking ability before and after using learning management emphasizing analytical thinking model together with mind mapping technique before and after using learning management emphasizing analytical thinking model together with mind mapping technique. The representative sample was 27 grade 7 students during the first semester of academic year 2017 at Ban Hua Na Kham School under the Chaiyaphum Primary Education Service Area Office 1, Chaiyaphum Province. The research instruments were: 1)14 twenty-eight-hour lesson plans using learning management emphasizing analytical thinking model together with mind mapping technique, and 2) 30 multiple-choice analytical thinking ability test developed by the researcher. The data were analyzed and presented as mean and standard deviation as well as compared the students’ analytical thinking ability and learning achievement before and after learning through the Wilcoxon Matched-Pairs Signed-Rank Test. The findings were as the grade 7 students’ analytical thinking ability score after using learning management emphasizing analytical thinking model together with mind mapping technique was higher than that of before at .01 level of significance.
(Second National Education Act. B.E. 2545 (2002). Bangkok. Express Transportation
Organization of Thailand Printing; 2010. Thai.
2. Art-in S. Research of The Development of Teachers in Learning Management of
Analytical Thinking of Basic education in North East Thailand. Faculty of Education
Khon Kaen University; 2017. Thai.
3. Moonkham S. Strategy of Analytical Think Instruction. Bangkok.
Phap Pim Ltd.; 2004.Thai.
4. Chareonwongsak K. Analytical Thinking. 5th. Bangkok: Successes
Media Printing; 2006. Thai.
5. Bureau of Academic Affairs and Education Standards Office of the
Basic Education Commission Ministry of Education. Gridline of Instruction
for Development Analytical Thinking Skill. Bangkok: The Agriculture
co-operation Federation of Thailand Ltd.; 2006. Thai.
6. Sariyawat L. Thinking. Bangkok: Odeon Store Printing; 2006. Thai.
7. The National Institute of Educational Testing Service (Public Organization).
Ordinary National Educational Test Report 2017 [Internet], [cited July, 2017, 18].
Available from: http://www.niets.or.th. Thai.
8. Art-in S. The development of a Learning Management Model Emphasizing
Analytical Thinking in The Science Learning Area. [Research report].
Khon Kaen; 2009. Thai.
9. Art-in S. The development of a Learning Management Model Emphasizing
Analytical Thinking in The Science Learning Area. KKU research Journal
Thai 2011; 16(1): 72-82.
10. Phonanan T. and Phonanan K. Mind Mapping of Education and Knowledge
Management. Bangkok: Khuankaw Printing; 2007. Thai.
11. Khammani T. Instructional: Knowledge for Effective on instruction. 19th.
Bangkok: Chulalongkron University; 2015. Thai.
12. Buzan T. HOW TO MIND MAP. (Thanyakorn W. Translator). Bangkok:
Khuankaw Printing; 2004. Thai.
13. Thaweerat P. Research Methodology of Behavioral sciences and
Social Science. 8th. Bangkok: Srinakharinwirot University; 2000. Thai.
14. Bloom Benjamin S. Taxonomy of Education objectives the classification
of education goal handbook I Cognitive Domain. Longman INC:
The United States of America; 1956.
15. Phonanan T. Exercise of Mind Map for Students. 2nd ed. Bangkok:
Khuankaw Printing; 2004. Thai.
16. Jeff Irvine. A Comparison of Revised Bloom and Marzano's New Taxonomy
of Learning. Research in Higher Education Journal 2017; 33.
17. Nancy E. Adams. Bloom’s taxonomy of cognitive learning objectives.
Journal of the Medical Library Association 2015; 103(Pt3): 152-153.
18. Cheausrida A. The development of Analytical Thinking Ability NS
Learning Achievement stent Geography of Grade 7 using Mind Mapping
[M.Ed. Thesis]. Khon Kaen, Khon Kaen University; 2007. Thai.
19. Pratumchart Y. Effect of Group Process Learning Management by
Using Mind Mapping Technique to Develop Analytical Thinking and Thai
Reading Skill of Prathom Suksa 6 Students. Ching Rai Rajabath University
Journal Thai 2016; 9(21): 17-30.
20. Kaononkok N. The Development of Bloom Taxonomy Analytical Thinking
of Grade 12 Students [M.Ed. Thesis]. Khon Kaen University; 2015. Thai.