Main Article Content
This article presents the development of real-time mobile frequency monitoring system for low power transmitters by using an active directional antenna for detecting signals and wireless sensor network to cooperate and compute information. The proposed system can check the frequency usage by using the spectrum analyzer and the WiFi receiver. By utilizing global positioning system devices, digital compasses mounted on the directional antenna and the triangular theory, the intersection of the antenna direction for determining the location of the source of the interference can then be calculated. The frequency monitoring systems developed in this research were installed on four vehicles which can collaborate as a RF measuring sensor network. This network can be used to detect frequency interferences in any areas that have been requested for inspection. With availability of 3G/4G mobile network in the inspection area, all vehicles can synchronize the captured data to the real-time database. The source of interference can be conveniently and efficiently investigated. Experimental results show that the designed system can accurately detect the assumed interference source. This system can desirably be used to detect and solve problems of frequency interference that may increase in the future.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
2. Ali A. H., M. R. A. Razak, M. Hidayab, M., Azman, S. A., Jasmin M. Z. M., & Zainol, M. A. (2010) Investigation of Indoor WIFI Radio Signal Propagation. Paper presented at the 2010 IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications (ISIEA) Retrieved March 30, 2020 from http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5679486
3. Brush, A. S. (2007). Measurement of microwave power-A review of techniques used for measurement of high-frequency Rf power. Retrieved March 30, 2020 from https://ieeexplore.teee.org/document/4213147
4. Depatla, S., Muralidharan, A., & Mostofi, Y. (2015) Occupancy Estimation Using Only WiFi Power Measurements, Retrieved May 14, 2020 from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7102673
5. Kristiyana, S., Susanto, A., Sunarno, S., & Hidayat, R. (2017) . The Radio Frequency Source Position Finder Based on The Triangle-Centroid-Algorithm. Retrieved May 18, 2020 from https://www.researchgate.net
6. National Instruments (2020). Introduction to Wireless LAN Measurements From 802.11ac.
Retrieved May 3, 2020 from http://download.ni.com/evaluation/rf/Introduction_to_WLAN_Testing.pdf