About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The types of contributions include Research Manuscript, Journal Manuscript, Review Manuscript, and Book Review, The submitted manuscript must be unpublished work and must not be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Peer Review Process
All submitted manuscripts must be revlewed by least two expert reviewers via the double-blinded review system.
1. The editorial board screens the manuscript submitted for publication.
2. The manuscript will be sent to at least 2 reviewers to consider its quality, whether the work is scientifically sound, original and relevant.
3. The manuscript sent to the editors for consideration will not be returned back to the author.
4. Authors must agree to the journal publication rules and allow the editors to edit the manuscripts for publication.
5. Author’s right belongs to the author but Journal of Southern Technology holds the right of first publication and thus allow readers to use the article for the purpose of education but not commercial.
6. Authors must submit original work that has not been previously published in any other journals.
7. The manuscript submitted for publication is not under consideration process for publication of other journals.
8. A manuscript submitted must be the original work of the author. Whenever the author includes others’ ideas, appropriated citation must be given.
9. The author must prepare the manuscript according to the template as set in the journal submission guidelines.
10. The author must revise and correct their manuscript according to the comments given by reviewers assigned by the journal.
11. After the revision, the editors will reexamine the manuscript for consideration of acceptance. The right of consideration for publication belongs to the editors.
Publish in database TCI https://www.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/journal_sct/
Open Access PolicyThis journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Sources of Support
Journal HistoryThe Journal of Southern Technology was established in 2008 and was accepted as a national level journal in humanity and social science by the Higher Education Commission in 2012. It had been categorized in the data base of the Thailand Citation Index Group 2 until December 2, 2014 and has been accepted to be in the group 1 of the Thailand Citation Index (TCI) on January 1, 2015 until December 31, 2019. The journal aims to serve as a medium for dissemination of scholarly articles and research findings in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences, by scholars, specialists, professionals and researchers. It is included in category 1 of Thai Journal Citation Index (TCI) database in Social Sciences, Business, Management and Accounting, Health Professions, Psychology and Multidisciplinary and has been accepted for ASEAN Citation Index (ACI) from January 1, 2021 until December 31, 2024.
The Journal of Southern Technology has two formats of publication including printing format and electronic format (on-line). The printing format began publishing the first volume, January-June 2008 until the 9th year, volume 2, July-December then the electronic format (on-line) started publishing as 10th year, volume 1, January-June 2017 until present.
There has been four Editors as follows.
1) Assistant Professor Busaba Matrakool (2008)
2) Assistant Professor Puangnoi Lohakhachornpan (2009-2010, 2011 Volume 1, 1 January-June and 2012 Volume 2 July-December)
3) Dr. Sannan Tantiukoskula Akarawong (July-December 2011, Volume 2)
4) Professor Dr. Nitsri Sangduen ( 2012 Volume 2 July-Present ) 2012, 2013, 2014
Year 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 2017 and 2018 earned Thai Journal Impact Factors 0.071, 0.146, 0.265, 0.296, 0.221 and 0.153 respectively.
The administration fee for each manuscript processing is 3,000 Baht (after July 1, 2021) by transferred to Bangkok Bank, Thung Song Branch, Account number 349-0-7-2630-8 and Account name “Southern College of Technology” and then send slip to email@example.com and will inform via author’s e-mail.
QR Code Journal fee