Main Article Content
The objectives of this research were to study the potentials of tourist attractions and to analyze tourism situations, problems and obstacles regarding the sustainable tourism development in Phichit province. Research methodology was qualitative. Research tools consisted of questionnaires and in-depth interviews used to collect the data from government sectors, private sectors and people living in the tourist areas of Phichit province. In terms of data analysis, this study employed both qualitative and content approaches.
The results of the study can be summarized as follows:
1) In terms of locations, tourist attractions were mostly not situated near the main roads to the town of Phichit province.
2) In terms of conditions at tourist attractions, they were mostly able to draw tourists’ attention due to its identity.
3) In terms of facilities, accommodations situated near tourist sites were enough to welcome tourists flocking to the sites. However, there were some accommodations with the lack of meeting the standard requirements, especially room sizes and inside modern amenities.
4) In terms of public utility, public utility systems at tourist sites in Phichit province were good.
5) In terms of people’s participation, people living in the tourist areas were awake and felt interested in partaking in tourism activities.
6) In terms of tourist attractions, Phichit province played a key role in bettering tourism development, administration and management.
7) In terms of tourism promotion, Phichit province lacked its provincial tourism promotion and information spreading, which made it unpopular for tourists to visit.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
 Boonyaphak, Wiwatchai. (2007). The Impact of Tourism Industry in Cultural Heritage. Tourism Journal, 4 (October), 31-38.
 Carmen, M. I. (2009). The Importance Planning of Public Relations in Tourist Organizations' Communication. Management, 12(2), 239-248.
 Institute of Ecotourism. (2002). Strategic Assessment of the Impact on the Environment and Tourism. Bangkok: Institute of Ecotourism, Srinakarinwirot University.
 National Economic and Social Development Board. (2011). National Economic and Social Development Plan (11): 2012-2016. Bangkok.
 Pradit, Rotsukhon. & Pamprasit, Rudklaw. (2014). Potentials and Opportunities in Tourism Development of Khaokho Sub-district, Phetchabun Province. Journal of Social Sciences, 10(2), 127-149.
 Singsaktrakul, Parichat. & Sermkarndee, Patcharin. (2013). The Study of Potentiality and Conservation Tourism Development Approach of Baan Thung-Maprang, Khun Doan District and Baan Ton-Panan, Kuan Kalong District in Satun Province. Suddhiparitad Journal, 27(83), 97-112.
 Sortrakul, Suyaporn. & Taweepornprathomkul, Suchart. (2013). Guideline for Participatory Community Tourism Management in Songprake Sub-district Phang-nga Province. Journal of Sports Science and Health, 14(3), 157-171.
 Srisathu, Vipa. (2008). Eco-tourism Potential of Amphoe Khao Kho Phetchabun Province. Master of Science Degree in Ecotourism Planning and Management. Srinakharinwirot University. Bangkok.
 Suwan, Manus. (1995). Ecological and Economic Development. Bangkok: Odeonstore.
 Thitiyaporn, Ploychompooh. (2010). Communication of Sustainable Tourism Community: A Study of Khlong Lat Mayom Community. Master of Arts, Thammasat University, Bangkok.
 Tiapaiboon, Phattanakan. (2014). Potential of Community Based Ecotourism at Hua-Noun Wat Community, Mae-Tom Sub-District, Bangkum District, Songkla Province. Master of Science in Environment Management, Prince of Songkla University.